Doug Williams here. I've taught mathematics in one way or another for 50 years - primary, secondary, pre-service teacher training, professional development leader. In the garden the other day I was mulling over the news about school closure. It occurred to me that perhaps I could use the 25 year history of Mathematics Centre to add something a bit special to the home learning activities.
- Our focus will be on learning to work like a mathematician.
- That's what school mathematics is about.
We have mounted a few activities and investigations to start things off. There's something for all levels from K to 10. There can be more. Explore.
Is there value in what you see?
If you decide you want to use the site, please register your email. It's the only way I'll know if there is any interest. If there isn't I might as well go back to the garden and plant the winter carrots.
- We know someone is interested.
- We can let you know when the site is updated.
Click the Register link to open your email program:
- Enter the subject: Register MAH
- Enter your email address in the body of the email.
- Include your name (optional).
- Just one email address per household please.
If your browser doesn't link to your email program, copy email@example.com into a new mail in your email program.