- Keen to try tape and pegs activity.
- Without a strong maths background it was really useful to start right at from the beginning and be shown ways that will help kids who have no understanding. Hands-on tasks very useful and engaging.
- Very easy to prepare educational practical ideas.
- I will now feel more comfortable tackling an historically difficult subject matter.
- Can't wait to use the ideas and materials (especially Poly Plugs) to fit in with the maths currently happening in my room.
- Need to value the importance of 'rich' tasks rather than one-off things (I knew, but needed reminding!)
- Enjoyed the hands-on approach - practical ideas.
- Every time I'm given 'time' to explore the Maths300 site I come away with a relevant lesson to add another dimension to our maths classes. As an adult learner who struggled as a student in mathematics, your approaches make a lot of sense.
- Much more activity based sessions. Much more talking about what they are doing/discovering. Forget the boring worksheets - understanding is more important than correct answers.
- Due to a mix up I arrived at school this morning to be told that I shouldn't be there. As I drove back into town I thought not another seminar. How wrong I was! It was fantastic.
- I have learned about a whole new way of approaching the teaching of fractions! I will use the ideas from today to teach the fraction unit and I'll try Mixed Media. I'll tell (and show) all the other Year 7 Maths teachers about the activities I have found out about today.
- Excellent - clear, well paced presentation - plenty of time for 'hands-on'.
- I would anticipate some fairly profound changes in my classroom, as I now have further guidance to pursue what I always believed was the case, but was to afraid to experiment with.
- I will try harder to incorporate a greater variety of learning experiences into my lessons.
- I may actually be able to be interesting as a maths teacher now.
- Lots of ways to engage kids. Somewhere to start in changing current practice in the Middle Years at our school.
- I feel very motivated to try a few things quite differently. Wish I had a class set of Poly Plugs for Monday!