||PD from MC
For at least two decades, we have been collecting success stories from classrooms which illustrate these beliefs and have fashioned them into a broad range of professional development opportunities built around all students Working Like a Mathematician in best practice classrooms. All of our workshops explore Features of this teaching craft and the elements of Working Mathematically. Teachers have found the hands-on presentation of these stories in a challenging workshop environment to be both practical and thought-provoking.
- The teacher in the classroom is our greatest resource.
- Mathematics learning involves using materials.
- Mathematics learning involves challenging the intellect.
- Students are creative and love to learn.
- Mathematics is concrete, visual and makes sense.
We offer a library of tried and tested 'off-the-shelf' workshops or can tailor other programs to suit your needs.
Professional Development Partnerships